Friday, February 17, 2017

Caleb's Open House

Caleb had his open house the other night. Ethan will have his open house after his play and so will Asher. So, this open house was just for Caleb. Since I don't help in the classroom and I pick them up in pick up line, I don't see his classroom very often or his projects. So coming to open house was fun and I got to see all his cute stuff. He was excited to show me everything he's been working on. Mrs. McPherson is a great teacher and he loves being in her class. He had been learning about Abraham Lincoln, a Indian tribe that used to live in Orange County, Space art, solar oven and his math he's been learning. I am so proud of him and how great he's been doing.

Recently Caleb's grades were starting to slip and we noticed the scores he was coming home with were not good. For a consequence, we told him he couldn't play video games until his scores were all 85% or better. Slowly each week the grades improved. Exactly 3 weeks later, all the papers he came home with were all 85% or better. I am so proud that he finally applied himself and got focused. He is so smart and when he tries his best, he does so well. 




No comments: