Sunday, December 23, 2018

Macie & the LEGO

Macie stuck a Lego up her nose. Really far up her nose. I thought I might be able to get it with tweezers but I couldn't and it ended up going even further up her nose. So, a trip to the ER was inevitable. I quickly picked Caleb and Asher from school and went to Urgent Care. They said we needed to go to the ER. At the ER, she was not happy. She finally was ok while we waited and when she got this cute little bear for her visit. The hospital staff were not surprised whatsoever about me saying she stuck a Lego up her nose. They said it was actually good that it was a Lego and not something round and hard to grab. I held her down, Caleb held her legs down and the doctor got these long tweezer like tongs with a scissor like handle. She immediately freaked out and screamed. While we held her down, the doctor was able to get the Lego out. Macie was quite traumatized and quickly learned that Lego's do not go in your nose. It was quite the adventure and caused a huge interruption in my already very crazy busy day. I'm glad it wasn't really bad and all was well after. 


No comments: