Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Goodbye Embrace Your Smile Orthodontics

After much debate... I quit my job at Embrace Your Smile Orthodontics. I was set to go back to work on February 12th after 8 weeks off for healing from my hysterectomy. But as the return date was coming closer and closer I just felt more anxiety and dread about going back. I originally wanted a job to work outside the home, feel like I was contributing to society but also to feel like I was apart of a work family. More often than not, I would come home from work angry, stressed out, annoyed and under appreciated. Then in a rush to get dinner made. Then on my days off I felt like I was just rushing around trying to catch up. I could also see that I wasn't ever going to progress to treatment coordinating and being stuck at my chair in the front felt confounding. I felt like the front office and the back office were so separated which I hated because it was impossible to get to know the other staff. They were all so clicky and I felt left out. It was annoying when I had to go to the office meetings on the day I didn't even work. It disrupted my whole day. I didn't like having to find someone to cover a shift, I would some of the kids events which I hated. I hated the whole clock in, clock out, set lunch break... It was the same thing all day which was boring and of course you'd get the entitled patients and/or parents. So, the writing was on the wall. I needed to just move on. I had worked there almost 2 years. So, I emailed them letting them know I wasn't coming back. Here's the email I wrote:


Dear Dr. Megan and Ashley,

After much consideration, I have decided to resign my position with Embrace Your Smile Orthodontics. I am very grateful for the opportunity you have given me to work with this team. You took a chance on me not having experience in the field and I want you to know I recognize that and appreciate what you have done to help me gain additional professional experience. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with you both, and with the rest of the EYSO team. I plan to continue to have my children receive their orthodontic care at EYSO, which has been fantastic.

That said, I do plan to uphold my commitment to return to work on 2/12/24. If you prefer I do not return to work on that date, please let me know. Additionally, I recognize this may mean you will need to recruit to fill my position. If that is the case, I am happy to continue with my normal schedule through 2/29/24. If that is the direction you choose, you have my commitment to continue to professionally represent EYSO through my final day of work, fulfilling all of my shifts as scheduled. Should you not need me until 2/29/24, I would appreciate notice so I can plan accordingly.

Thank you for everything.

---

I feel good about my decision. I know there will be days where I'll maybe regret my choice or days where I'll miss it and that's okay. But I have to remember why I did it. I look forward to having the freedom to go to our kids events, be able to do stuff and take them places on days they have off school and I don't have to worry about people covering for me and fighting for time off like on Spring Break and days in Summer. I plan to start dedicating time to learning more about our finances, understanding how we can have our money make money for us and other ways to make money on the side. So, I'm hopeful. So, this is the end of the Kirsten working at Embrace Your Smile Orthodontics chapter... 

No comments: