Thursday, August 25, 2016

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

For our 10 year anniversary, Fred and I took a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. At first we thought we wouldn't be able to take any trip since we didn't save as much as we thought we would by then and we just had Macie 9 months ago. But after talking with some of Fred's co-workers, we learned that we could totally afford an all inclusive trip to Mexico. So, after seeing if we could make it work with babysitting, we booked the trip and were right under our budget! We left at 5am and our neighbor and my friend, Krista, came over. She got them to school and stayed with Macie until about 10:30am. Then Nana and Papa came. They did the first day and the second. There were a few hiccups but nothing too bad. Asher went to school in sandals and had to change and the car battery died. Then on the 2nd night about 11pm, Nama and Bampa came. They stayed for 3 days. We went from Tuesday-Saturday.

Our flight on Tuesday was at 8am and we got to Mexico about noon. It's a 2hour and 20 min flight but then you have the time change. We rented our car and were in the resort by 2pm. We had a late lunch, swam, checked out the resort and rested. It was great. 

On Wednesday, we went to downtown Cabo. We walked around, got hassled by all these Mexicans, went to Walmart and bought snorkel gear, had a little lunch and went out on a boat to the Arch. Our boat captain then took us to Pelican Island where we snorkeled. It was kinda rough waters but it was super pretty with all the fish. I love snorkeling. We got contacts before our trip so we could actually see the fish without our glasses. It was a long day with lots of walking and then swimming/snorkeling plus the boat ride but this was also the funnest day (for me).

Thursday was our actual anniversary. We lounged around most of the morning relaxing and swimming in the pool. In the early afternoon, after lunch, we drove to a local beach 5 mins up the road called Santa Maria. It was very beautiful. The waves were huge and strong! We went snorkeling since its suppose to be a great spot and saw lots of fish. There were a lot of locals there. It was fun because we snorkeled for free and it felt like something that the locals do...nothing touristy about it. Afterward we went to a nice dinner but it was so hot in the restaurant that Fred's shirt became soaked with sweat and left without dessert and cut the night short since it was so bad. 

Friday we lounged around again and in the mid morning it rained! We were in the pool and it suddenly just poured! It was pretty cool. We did a lot of relaxing, eating, swimming etc. That night it rained even more. It was pouring so we stayed indoors. It was kinda neat to see but also put a huge damper on things to do. The resort basically gets flooded and the pools are ruined every time it rains. 

I'm glad it didn't rain earlier in the week because all day Saturday, we couldn't swim or anything. The resort was deserted since everything was closed. So, on Saturday we packed everything up, walked around Cabo again, came back to the resort for lunch then headed to the airport. By this point, the heat was really getting to me and I didn't feel well at all. I think something in the food got to my stomach and I was in real pain. Plus, I missed by babies. I really wanted to see them, hear about school and be back home. We finally got through Customs and Exit Check when we landed back in the US and it took forever. We got home around 10pm. It was nice to be home again. 

I'm not away from the kids, hardly ever, so it's hard for me to be away too long. I'm so glad Fred and I got the opportunity to go and I'm so happy I was able to spend so much one on one time with him. It was nice to be away together to celebrate 10 years of marriage.

Marrying Fred was the greatest decision I've ever made. He is so much a part of who I am. He is the other half of my soul. He believes in me, loves me for who I am, accepts me with all my faults and is always thinking of me and putting me first in his life. He is such a hard worker and so smart. He does a fantastic job providing for our family. He is a complete hands on dad and loves our children so much. He is so involved in their lives. He is the greatest gift in my life. I don't know how I got so blessed to have him as my husband. He's my everything. Marriage is not always easy and it takes a lot of work but it is so worth it. I know that we are together and on the same page with so many things and that brings me such comfort. I love him more than I could ever express. Happy 10th Anniversary, Fred!!






































No comments: