Thursday, August 25, 2016

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

My best friend Emily came down this month to visit family. We kinda missed each other for most of her stay because she did a family reunion in Newport and then I was gone in Cabo for a week. But the day after we got back, we met at Universal Studios to spend the day together and see the new  Harry Potter section in Universal...something we'd been planning for months. There was a lot of changes that were made for this to be able to work and I'm still sad we only spend a day together but I guess I'll take what I can get. 

Even though I was extremely tired (I was Cabo, Mexico the day before for heavens sake!), it was one of the best days of my life. I know my Harry Potter 'addiction' is probably silly to most, especially since I'm an adult now, but I will always love the Harry Potter books so much. They helped me when I felt so alone, didn't if it in, and didn't have many friends. These books are what started my love of reading. I felt like Harry was my friend. I grew up with these books and they just mean so much to me. They're just so magical, fun, and teach great lessons. It's making me so happy that Ethan loves reading them. He's on Book 3 now. I told the kids that I would take them to Harry Potter World once they read all the books and I think that was a big motivator for Ethan. Caleb isn't quite there yet as far as being interested in reading them. He says that the chapters are too long. Maybe he'll get there one day. 

Anyway, it was such a great day. Seriously one of the best of my life. Everything was so cool. They had Myrtle in the bathrooms, Butterbeer (which was SO yummy!), really great british foods and so many details from the books. The rides were SUPER fun and we rode each one twice. We rode other rides in the park but mostly stayed in Harry Potter world. One of the best days ever.



































No comments: