Friday, August 24, 2018

Hart High School Show Choir Alumni Show

I had the opportunity to participate in my high school alumni show for show choir. I even  got to wear my dress again! It still fits! The show came together rather quickly. I drove up to SCV early on the 11th, practiced, went to Rylee's baby shower, went back to the school and practiced some more. Fred was with the kids all day at home.

The next Friday I drove up there with the kids and they stayed at my parents while I went to the school and rehearsed all evening. Then the following day were practices and the show! It was so weird but fun to go back to the my high school and perform again. I was only in the 3 group numbers.  They were 'The Greatest Showman', "Defying Gravity' and You Can't Stop The Beat.

'Defying Gravity' was really special to do again. It was a number I did my senior year, in 2004 and it became a very popular number in So. CA Show Choir. Since then, they have had groups learn our choreography and perform it even still. It was my favorite in our show set when I was in school. It was also cool to be one of the people who were in the original number back in 2004. They put me front and center because I was an original choir member for that number when we performed it. For this alumni show, they cut the original version we did and made it much shorter but it was still amazing. I got a little emotional when we performed it. I could see my mom crying in the audience as I did the number.

It was pretty awesome and special for me to see my kids and husband sitting in the audience as I relived a part of my life that was really important to me. I'm glad I got to share that part of my life with them for even an hour. They were waving at me and it was so fun. I'm so grateful that Fred was so supportive and encouraged me to do it. It is something I won't forget.

My show choir teacher, Mrs. Hart, is also now retiring so this was her last send off before retiring. It feels like an end of an era. She taught show choir for 20 years and I feel blessed to have been one of her students for 4 years. It was great seeing my old friends and being on that stage. It brought back so many memories. I know my high school experience wasn't the norm and I'm really grateful for that. I loved high school and performing. It made a huge impact on my life and to do that all over again was such a cool experience!




























No comments: