Saturday, August 17, 2024

Sara Bareilles

 My friend, Sarah, got an early birthday present... to go see Sara Bareilles at the Hollywood Bowl and she asked me if I'd like to come with her. I immediately said YES! We both love Sara Bareilles and the musical Waitress, which she composed. So, while Fred took Ethan and Caleb to the Gambler's Mark concert, I went with Sarah to the Sara Bareilles concert. Macie hung out at Sarah's house with her girls and Drew and Asher went to the Boyd's for the night.

Sarah and I grabbed dinner beforehand and had a lovely picnic before the concert in a little grassy nook we found near all the tables. It was delicious. Then they had Renee Elise Goldsberry perform before Sara Bareilles. Renee is in a TV show with Sara called Girls 5 Eva. She was also in the original broadway company of Hamilton. She even sang a Hamilton song!! After she was done, Sara performed with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra. She sang all her big hits. I completely lost it and embarrassingly sobbed when she sang her song Gravity, new song called Enough and her closing song, Used to be Mine. I just cried and cried. This concert was probably just as good as, if not better than Michael Buble's concert which up until Sara's concert, was my ultimate favorite one I've been to.

She was so funny, so humane and just simply transcendent. I am so grateful Sarah asked me to go with her. It was such an impactful, meaningful and incredible night I will never forget. 


















No comments: