Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

This year for Thanksgiving, we stayed home and my parents came for dinner. Last year, we ordered in since Macie was barely a week old. My sister was having a Thanksgiving dinner later in the week and my brother was going out of town so my parents would be doing nothing on the actual day of Thanksgiving. Also, a lot of Fred's family was out of town so his Aunt Sue's was going to be a quiet night with no kids. 

So, we decided to stay home and host my parents. Fred and I did the turkey, appetizers, stuffing, green bean casserole, cheesy cauliflower and drinks. My mom brought sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, rolls, pie and cranberry sauce. 

Fred and I were in the kitchen the whole day and we only did half the meal! It was a lot of work but Fred helped me so much and we had fun together. The turkey looked and smelled great and it was yummy. 

We did our traditional turkey box with my parents and Ethan wrote up a play for us all to perform. We were split up between indians and pilgrims. It was hilarious and super cute. I think my mom and dad had a great time. We were all so tired by the end of the day though. It was just a long day. It was really nice to stay home for Thanksgiving and I'm happy we were able to be with my parents. 









No comments: