Sunday, December 2, 2018

Christmas Kickoff

We had a great Christmas Kickoff. I made too much food like I always do. We all decorated the tree, put up Christmas decor, made gingerbread houses, made hot cocoa and watched Elf all by 8:30pm bedtime. The kids loved it and were fighting over the ornaments trying to find their own specific ones. It's always fun to get them each year and see their first Christmas ones or ornaments they made at school. I was especially excited to put up my new picture that Fred got me last year. I got a little teary eyed when he hung it and Ethan asked, "Mom, are you crying?!" Yes, I was, a little. This picture of Santa kneeling to the Baby Jesus just speaks to me. It always has. And I am so thrilled I get to admire it everyday for the whole Christmas season. It just brings me to tears. It shows our focus in this family and brings in the true reason for the season. 

Can't forget- this was Macie's first time putting the star on the tree and she was so proud of herself! She did a great job and her brothers were cheering her on which was so cute. Yay, Macie!



















No comments: